Thursday, February 08, 2007

Day 1 at the 7's




This past weekend Wellington held 1 of the International 7's tournaments. It was so fun, there were about 35, 000 people in the stadium, I guess not like the numbers of fans compared to back home. On Friday night we all dressed up as Canadians or our home countries. We had great seats, right in the middle and in the warm sun until it went down. The games started at 1-10 pm. How the games work are as follows: 7 on 7 for 7 minutes halves, fast rugby eh!! Lots of running and action. Canada's team did really well beating Australia, so I can tell you The Kiwis were happy about that. We partied a lot and yes so did my dad! We did not want to party too much as we had to head back out the next morning with our costumes. Watch this space for more details and photos.

2 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger The McLellan Family said...

Looks like great fun! And again I am jealous of your nice weather. The roads out my way have been closed on and off for the past 5 days due to the snow. I'm sure Scott's parents will sympathize.

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott&Cara,&Dad,
Looks like lots of fun and oh I love to see that red&white.!!!
I,m sure you are having an enjoyable time with your Dad there Cara.
Have a great time and enjoy the nice weather.
I,m sure not missing the cold and snow back home ,we are so lucky to be were it is warm.
Enjoy!! and say Hello to your Dad,
Love Grandpa&Grandma G.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home