Sunday, November 05, 2006

Scuba Diving 101

We survived a full on weekend, that is all I can say. Scott and I have taken on a new hobby...Scuba diving. This weekend we did part 1 of 2 of our scuba diving certification. We were in the pool on Saturday for 5 long hrs, nd for that entire time it felt like I was caring a pack of bricks on my back, and even today my back is sore, but I know it does not sound fun but it was. At first I did want to give up but Scott encouraged me to keep going as I did for him and skiing. It was our first time wearing a wet suit and boy it took all my engery to get the darn thing on. By the end of the pool and skills day we both came out looking happy and excited for our new adventure of the under world. We learned lots of breathing skills and how to to mask recovery and regulator recovery. On Sunday we had to take plenty of quizzes and then finally an exam, and guess what...I got %100 and Scott got %93. We are back out in the open ocean on Novemeber 25th and we can't wait. There is not too much to see in Wellington area so it is a good place to learn and we hope at Xmas to go out and see more.
Sorry we hve no pix to add but maybe when we go out into the ocean I will get some good ones.

1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Cara and Scott said...

Hey Liz-
Yes Mia is cute but no babies for us, we are enjoying our FREEDOM and time here in New Zealand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home